100% Natural & Raw
100% Natural & Raw
Highly digestible and bio-available raw ingredients, packed with proteins, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids, gently processed to preserve optimal nutrition. You can see why Pala is better than heavily processed, additive-packed mass-produced pet food.
Dogs and cats thrive on a protein based diet, as nature intended.
Our complete and balanced recipes contain at least 82% highly digestible raw meats and fish, 13-14% vegetables and berries rich in antioxidants and fiber, and 3-4% all-natural boosters. No grains, fillers, starch or plant-source Omegas here.
The science in our food
High-quality meat and fish is not everything. It's also about proportion, balance and enhancement. Our recipes are curated in collaboration with DogRisk, a leading independent research institution focusing on canine health and nutrition at the University of Helsinki. We also have a research partnership with Tallinn Technical University to stay abreast of the latest innovations in food preparation and preservation.
Every ingredient we use is thoroughly vetted for nutritional value, digestibility, bio-availability and compatibility with other ingredients. Here are a few examples:
• Liver – excellent source of A, B, D vitamins, iron, copper, zinc, phosphorus, and essential fatty acids
• Heart – excellent source of B vitamins, iron, phosphorus, Omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids like taurine
• Kidney – source of vitamins A, E, K and B12, iron
• Salmon – besides being protein rich, salmon is packed with Omega 3 fatty acids DPA and EHA, vitamins A, D and B, zinc, potassium and magnesium
• Icelandic kelp – a real superfood with over 60 different minerals, vitamins and amino acids including iodine, iron, calcium, potassium, boron, A, B, C and E vitamins and soluble fiber
• Turmeric – another super ingredient with anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-bacterial, anticarcinogenic properties, it also aids in food preservation
• Black pepper – not a super ingredient on its own, but contains piperine, which aids the absorption of the compound curcumin in turmeric.
Our obsession with qualityWe go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain the highest standards in quality, both in our products and our service. It is reflected in everything we do – from raw material selection to our production process, to post-sale follow-up with our customers. And we are perpetually learning and looking for ways to improve our products and service.
How is Pala made?
Our small batch production process is designed to preserve the amazing qualities of our raw ingredients without any nutrition loss.
We start by accurately measuring the individual ingredients according to our recipes and batch sizes. Every kilogram of Pala uses about 3 kilograms of raw ingredients. The ingredients are then thoroughly mixed and ground.
The ground mixture is then placed in our sterile drying chambers where it is gently air-dried at low temperatures over a long period, until the ideal moisture levels are achieved. This gentle process preserves the ingredients without breaking down the proteins, enzymes and amino acids. Once the mixture is dry, it is cut into our distinct Pala shapes and packed immediately to preserve freshness.